With the spate of happenings stemming from the revolution the Global Educational System currently experiences, there has been a whole lot of new disciplines (mostly creative) that have been introduced into the system. Their number is a staggering figure. Out of these handfuls is the Design School, an academic platform for people who are interested in the creative arts, and are ready to follow-up their passion to the point of getting certified.
The Design School offers a wide range of Digital Design courses like Web Design to Photo Illustration, Graphic Design, Animation, etc. To fully drive home the lessons taught in these fields, special tools (software programs) that are peculiar to each of these sub-fields of Design are used to teach the students, while they are also taught how to use these software programs. E.g Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, In-Design, Krita, Scribus, etc.
Despite the uniqueness of all the courses taught in Design School, and the differences each of these courses have, Graphic Design is a must-learn skill at the Design School, for so many reasons.
Graphic Design is a problem-solving, visual-communication process that employs: Typography, Photography, and Illustration in its operations. All of these are related to Visuals, and there is nothing done at the Design School that doesn’t appeal to the organ of sight. The following are the reasons why you should consider taking Graphic Courses at Design School.
Cross-Platform Knowledge: Taking a Graphic Course at the Design School will enable you to have cross-platform knowledge about every other offered course at the design school. Since everything done at the design school is visually-related, taking courses in graphic design will help the learner in grasping the taught concepts in other fields like Web Design, Illustration and Photography easily, without hassles. These will:
- 1. Inform the creative-thinking ability of the graphic designer better
- 2. Solidify the designer’s constructive criticism skill
- 3. Enable the designer to easily identify faults in representation, and know how best to address such, using his knowledge of the different platforms as well as the software programs to use for improved layout and typography.
Moving from Abstract to Concrete: To be a good Designer, you must first be a good thinker as well as a great observer. This owes to the fact that, every Design first started-off as an abstract (unseen) concept before efforts were made by the Designer to create a visual representation of his thoughts. For this fact, Designers Are loosely referred-to as Creators, considering the ingenious way they create concrete things out of their figment of the imagination. A course in Graphic
The design is a sure bet for achieving wondrous feats such as this.
Being able to turn abstract concepts into concrete things will:
- 1. Place you on a professional pedestal that would make your ingenuity bring you fame and financial breakthrough
- 2. Create a class for you and your craft
- 3. Create a signature of originality and uniqueness for you
- 4. Enable you to criticize your works by yourself, as well as being open to constructive criticism, which is the recipe for growth
Make You A Jack Of All: Being a Jack of all the courses offered at the Design School invariably opens the door to several money-making opportunities to you. More so, the more opportunities that are opened to you, the more experienced you become as a creative person.